Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hangin' with Mr. Cooper

This last week got really cold - stormy weather with a wind chill.
I'm not liking it but I prefer the cold than the heat. I'm using a
sweater over my white shirt. I think I'm getting a little too used to
the hot Brazilian sun that I think normal weather is cold.

Yesterday President Leal talked to us in a zone meeting. The mission
is baptizing very few people in these last couple of weeks. I feel
bad for him. He tries so hard to lead the mission but just some
missionares don't do what he says. Sometimes we think he gets a
little hard on us and he naggs on us a lot but for sure the area
president gives Pres. Leal some heat once and a while, too.

That zone meeting was in the morning. I went back to Cambe with my
zone leader Elder Cooper...he's from El Dorado Hills - CA. I'll
definately see him after the mission, but he's not going home till next
February. But he's a good guy.

That's about it for this week. Nothing much going on. Anne's getting
baptized this Sunday after church. She's perfect.

Elder Carter


Me and my mission buddy Elder Riley from AZ. He'll be my roomy this Fall at BYU-Idaho.


At the zone meeting, rocking the new suit that I bought. (Dont worry, I saved up 50 reais every month, plus the birthday money I got. It (the suit) ended up being 150 reais which is about 75 dollars.) And the sweater underneath.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------