Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My LAST Companion



Elder Evangelista was transferred to Agudos-SP. My new and LAST
companion is Elder Henrique. He's from Sao Luiz which is the capitol
of Maranhao. He's a good friend of mine. He came with me from the
MTC to the mission field. He'll go home one transfer after I do. I
attached the picture of the 2 of us that we took this morning. I
was sorry to see Elder Evangelista go. He's one of my favorite
companions.

So Ani went to church with us this Sunday. She actually ended up
going to institute Saturday night in Londrina!!! We took an 18 year
old girl from the ward with us Saturday afternoon to teach her one of
our lessons. The member asked Ani if she wanted to go with her to
lLondrina to go to institute and Ani went!!! That's the importance of
members!! Then Ani went to church with us on Sunday. She liked
church and participated and everything. She did however tell us that
her dad doesn't like the fact that we're going to their house so much she
said it'd be best for us to go just once a week. That's fine with
me. It takes us an hour to walk to her house. We're going to try to
schedule her baptism on the 19th of April. She's going to go with us
to Londrina this Saturday and Sunday to watch general conference. I
hope she likes it. A lot of people think it's weird to have living
prophets. They basically think that everything that we believe in is
weird. But Ani will see how big the church is on conference.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe this conference they will
announce how many people were baptized in 2007 and the current amount
of members in the world?

Other than Ani, there aren't too many interesting things going on at
the moment. It's gettin colder and colder these days. It looks like
it's gonna rain today. I think my days of walking in the Brazilian
heat are over.

I'm out -
Elder Carter

PS - I just started my last transfer....... that's so weird!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------